Skip to main content

Can a green card holder obtain US travel passport or some kind of different travel document, since my green card last name doesn

South Lake Tahoe, CA |

match international passport and marriage certificate?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. change the passport.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

  2. As a green card holder you would be traveling with the passport from your country, not the US. You must correct whichever document does not have your correct name.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics