Can a green card holder (immigrant) canjoin army and get ctznship n that reason

Asked over 1 year ago - Derwood, MD

I want to know if a green card holder join the army can he or she apply for citizenship within a month of the army service and if not how long a person ha to work in a army after which he can apply for citizenship?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . A permanent resident is eligible to apply for enlistment in the US Armed Forces. The Armed Forces have arrangements with USCIS to facilitate naturalization of permanent residents. Naturalization often occurs rather quickly, sometimes within 1-3 months of call-up to the Armed Forces.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  2. Anu Gupta


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes, you can apply once in the army and get expedited processing.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting... more

Related Topics

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,853 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,853 answers this week

2,924 attorneys answering