Can a grandparent take over custody of a grandchild if their allegations are found false

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ridgely, TN

My mother is trying to get custody of my two kids but all of her allegations are not true. I have proof for everything that she said I didn't do.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. If you can show that the grandparents are lying and the child is better with you yes, you will win. I strongly suggest you work with a local attny in TN if the grandparents are fighting this hard, you need to tell your attny why. Take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,718 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,718 answers this week

2,990 attorneys answering