Can a grandparent take over custody of a grandchild if their allegations are found false

Ridgely, TN |

My mother is trying to get custody of my two kids but all of her allegations are not true. I have proof for everything that she said I didn't do.

I am sorry that you are going through this. If you can show that the grandparents are lying and the child is better with you yes, you will win. I strongly suggest you work with a local attny in TN if the grandparents are fighting this hard, you need to tell your attny why. Take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.