Skip to main content

Can a grandmother fight for custody of a grandchild to get her away from a child molester who is the father ?

Anamosa, IA |

My daughter went into a shelter to protect her little girl. While in the shelter her now ex husband filed for divorce and custody of the child. He was granted both, then the judge put a felony warrent out for my daughter. The ex husband has had three victims report him on rape and child abuse. One of the victims was his disabled sister. The judge who rules on the case is friends with the ex husbands, father who works in the sherrifs office. The victims were not given any justice and the cases were thrown out by the same judge, the same judge also dropped the restraining order that one of the vicitms had and told her not to try to get another one as he would see that is was dismissed also. There is much more to tell but not enough room to write it down. please contact me. thank you

Attorney Answers 1


I would strongly suggest that she hire an attorney, rather rely on simple question and answer forums such as this. If cost is a concern, Iowa Legal Aid may be able to assist her.

By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to your question is treated only as a hypothetical, and as such it is merely general in nature. You should not rely on this response in taking or forgoing action in your circumstances without discussing this matter with an attorney. If we had the opportunity to ask you sufficient questions and review relevant documents so that we were satisfied we had all of the relevant facts and circumstances, our response might differ significantly. Without the opportunity to ask you questions, and review all relevant documents and memoranda, we are simply unable to provide any form of legal advice. Our response to your question does not create any attorney-client relationship between us, and we are not acting as your attorney. We reserve the right to decline representation in any case. By answering your question, we are under no obligation to answer further questions. There are very specific deadlines for filing a lawsuit, replying to a lawsuit filed against you, or taking other action in order to preserve your legal rights. You should contact an attorney immediately in order to be fully advised of your rights, and so that you are aware of those deadlines. If you fail to act within the required time frame, you might be forever barred from asserting your rights or defending your position. The attorney answering this question is licensed in Illinois and Iowa only.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics