Can a grand aunt have rites to a baby

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamestown, NY

i have never seen my dads sister until i moved to new york and thats when she took my child i havent known my dad or his side of the family since i was 18

1. Lori Noel Bovee

4

Answered . If your great aunt took your child without a custody order, call the police immediately. If for some reason she was able to obtain a custody order, see a family law attorney to determine the best way to regain custody of your child.

2. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

3

Answered . Usually only parents can have custody of a child under 18 unless the child is given up for adoption. not sure what you're asking here.

3. Norman Antonio Stiteler

4

Answered . Typically this relative (your aunt, your child's great aunt) can't just 'take' your child no matter what state you are in. If you want your child back and she will not give you the child, you have a host of remedies, such as filing a kidnapping charge.

Depending on exactly what you want, you may wish to seek legal counsel. Because there is a child I would not hesitate in seeking legal counsel.