Can a furniture store charge me for cancellation fee if I want to exchange a dinning set I never picked up from the store?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

I bought a glass top but I want to change for a wooded one. I'm willing to pay for the different but the manager is charging me for a restocking fee.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . What does the receipt or contract say?

2. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

2

Answered . Restocking fees are common and are legal if they are a posted policy of the store, if it is on your receipt or on a contract signed by you. Check the disclosures on your receipt or your contract for purchase.

3. Marco Caviglia

Pro

1

Answered . The vendor's argument is enhanced if they obtained delivery to the store and now are stuck with sending it back out to inventory again.