Can a friend get a visa if he caught once trying to cross the border?

Asked over 4 years ago - West Haverstraw, NY

The person who ask me this ,currently lives in mexico. he tried to cross the border illegally 5 years ago and ever since he stayed in mexico. and started college a job and such..... he said the BP agents made him sign some paperwork but he didn't know what exactly it said.
HE is 23 years old
should he go ahead and go to the embassy to apply for a visa?
Since i would like to sponsor him to work for me?.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Dene Murray

    Contributor Level 14


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . This really requires the assistance of a qualified immigration lawyer. It will all depend on the specific facts of the case - whether he was deported, given voluntary departure, etc.

  2. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . It depends and I would definitely need more information. Also, you definitely will want to hire an attorney to do the paperwork for you. Please give me a call monday I will give you a free consultation.
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global, PLLC.
    716 830 7960

  3. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . He can go to apply for a visa, but chances of getting one is slim. However, if you give more facts to a lawyer, he/she can analyze the situation.

    Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

    Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,556 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,556 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering