Can a friend get a visa if he caught once trying to cross the border?

Asked over 4 years ago - West Haverstraw, NY

The person who ask me this ,currently lives in mexico. he tried to cross the border illegally 5 years ago and ever since he stayed in mexico. and started college a job and such..... he said the BP agents made him sign some paperwork but he didn't know what exactly it said.
HE is 23 years old
should he go ahead and go to the embassy to apply for a visa?
Since i would like to sponsor him to work for me?.

1. David Dene Murray

1

Best Answer

Answered . This really requires the assistance of a qualified immigration lawyer. It will all depend on the specific facts of the case - whether he was deported, given voluntary departure, etc.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . It depends and I would definitely need more information. Also, you definitely will want to hire an attorney to do the paperwork for you. Please give me a call monday I will give you a free consultation.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global, PLLC.
    716 830 7960
    misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com

3. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

Answered . He can go to apply for a visa, but chances of getting one is slim. However, if you give more facts to a lawyer, he/she can analyze the situation.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.