Can a former employer file charges against me if the company no longer exsists and is not in good standing with state if KS

Asked over 1 year ago - Olathe, KS

filed filed computer crime charges. company is no longer in business, nor qualifies for good standing in the state of kansas

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Andrew Mallen

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your employer is suing you for money, good corporate standing is generally required. You need to double-check with a lawyer in KS.

    Anyone can file criminal charges, so get in touch with a criminal defense attorney.

    David Mallen

    David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not... more
  2. Patrick Michael Lewis


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are talking about criminal charges the dissolution of the company will not prevent a conviction. The state files criminal charges, not the victim. The state can proceed with criminal charges and call the former employer as a witness against you. You need the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney if you are charged with a crime.

    Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, This answer is... more
  3. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I think this belongs with Civil cases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,347 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,347 answers this week

2,818 attorneys answering