Can a former employer file charges against me if the company no longer exsists and is not in good standing with state if KS

Asked over 1 year ago - Olathe, KS

filed filed computer crime charges. company is no longer in business, nor qualifies for good standing in the state of kansas

1. David Andrew Mallen

3

Answered . If your employer is suing you for money, good corporate standing is generally required. You need to double-check with a lawyer in KS.

Anyone can file criminal charges, so get in touch with a criminal defense attorney.

David Mallen

2. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

1

Answered . If you are talking about criminal charges the dissolution of the company will not prevent a conviction. The state files criminal charges, not the victim. The state can proceed with criminal charges and call the former employer as a witness against you. You need the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney if you are charged with a crime.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

1

Answered . I think this belongs with Civil cases.