Skip to main content

Can a former creditor seek payment after a C-13 bankruptcy case has been discharged

Bentonville, AR |

A creditor is seeking to collect an unsecured debt that was filed under C-13 in 2000.

Attorney Answers 2


If it was scheduled properly, no.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Mark as helpful


If the claim was scheduled and the creditor was properly notified, then the debt is discharged - even if the creditor never filed a claim. This assumes that the debt was of the type subject to discharge. Talk to a local bankruptcy attorney in your area for specifics about your case.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics