Can a Ford Dealership Sell A Car That Has A Salvage Title without telling you ?

Oklahoma City, OK |

I've asked this Q a few wk ago with no response . I'll try and be more clear. I bought a 07 mustang Fm a local ford dealership it did have some hail damage on it and they had dropped the price down Fm $15,900 to$11,900 i paid $8,000 cash and a trade in which made up the rest. done deal. This was on June 3rd 2013 2 wk later still waiting on title im at tag agent getting tag 4 another car i own i ask how much the tag and title will be on the mustang they told me it was a "Salvage Title". Since then i went back to dealership and they said it was a type-o and gave me another 30 day paper-tag. I can't even get ins.on the car now. Can they do this without telling me,if they had i wood have never agreed to this deal. Still haven't received title ! I filed a compliant with "Okla used car comm."

1. Whether or not you are the victim of fraud requires a very fact intensive review of your sales paperwork and a thorough understanding of your discussions in connection with your purchase. There is an implicit representation with all vehicle sold by dealers in Oklahoma that the vehicle you are purchasing has a clean title. Our law firm has numerous jury verdicts in Oklahoma against car dealers for fraud. Please give me a call at your convenience. You will find more information about our law firm at www.hwh-law.com

You may contact Luke Wallace at Humphreys Wallace Humphreys P.C. at 918-747-5300 or Luke@HWH-LAW.com. For more information see www.HWH-LAW.com. The response above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in Oklahoma. See also avvo.com terms and conditions incorporated as if they were reprinted here.

2. On the face of the title is should state that it is a salvage title