Can a felony embezzlement charge get expunged?

Tupelo, MS |

I did not have a good lawyer, so I was charged with this crime in 1995. I have not been in any trouble since then. I did a very stupid thing when I was younger, but I think I deserve a second chance.

1. No

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

2. There are only a hand full of felonies that can be expunged in Mississippi and embezzlement is not one of them.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com

3. Other ways exist to allow you clean up your record.Governors pardons allow you to have your crime to be pardoned,and the House or the Senate members can sponsor a legislative bill to return your civil rights. Neither of these methods is quick or inexpensive. Contact legal counsel today.Good Luck!

Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the... more Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the applicable Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct