Can a Felony conviction be expunged in the state of Missouri, probation will be completed in two months.

Saint Louis, MO |

Class C Felony...plead guilty

1. A conviction can be expunged if it qualifies under the rather detailed law laid out in the Missouri Statutes. Felonies that qualify are related to passing bad checks and the like. If you qualify, you will probably need an attorney to file it.

2. It depends on the felony. If it was passing bad checks, after 10 years, perhaps. For any other felony, I don't believe so

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website http://mcmichael-logan.com

3. Only certain types of misdemeanors and felonies qualify for expungement in Missouri.

For a misdemeanor, 10 years must have passed since the defendant completed his imprisonment, probation, or parole (20 years for a felony) before defendant can file a petition for expungement.

Here's a list of the misdemeanors and felonies that qualify for expungement:

Misdemeanors:

Negligently Setting a Fire, Burning, or Exploding
    Tampering in the 2nd Degree
    Property Damage – Knowingly Damaging Property of Another
    Trespassing
    Entry on Posted Property
    Gambling
    Disturbing the Peace
    Drunkenness or Drinking in Schools, Churches, or Courthouses

Misdemeanor or Felony:

Passing a Bad Check
    Fraudulently Stopping Payment On an Instrument
    Fraudulent Use of a Credit or Debit Device

To request an expungement, you must file a petition in court. You can request the expungement of the record of the arrest, plea, trial, or conviction.

You don’t have to hire an attorney to file a petition for expungement of criminal records in Missouri, but there will be a hearing in front of a judge. If the judge dismisses your petition for expungement, you will have to wait another year before re-filing, and the court will charge a $100 fee each time you file a new petition.

Below is a link to a blog post I wrote about expungement that includes a link to the form you have to file to petition the court for expungement.

The answers submitted on AVVO by The Rogers Law Firm, LLC d/b/a LeadFootSpeedingTicket.com are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, are not intended to be advertising, and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. The transmission of information on AVVO is not intended to establish, and receipt of such information does not establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The reader should not act on the answers without first consulting legal counsel.