Can a felony be expunged, sealed, or do I have to get a pardon?

Asked over 3 years ago - Carrollton, TX

I got in trouble with the law when I was 17yrs old(less than 1 month after turning 17yr) - that was in 1992. The case was for burglary of habitation with intent to commit theft.
I received probation(deferred adjudication). My probation ended up being revoked, and I was given 8yrs TDC.

I got out in 1997 - I have finished my Parole and pretty much stayed out of trouble since. Can I get my record expunged? Can it be sealed? Do I have to apply for a Pardon? I'm 35yrs old now and this is still haunting me...

1. Graham Thayer Williamson II

Answered . I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you cannot get a conviction off of your record. The only way to get the conviction off your record is to be pardoned by the govenor. Good luck trying to get a pardon for Rick Perry!

2. John Walter Robinson

Answered . Go the the website, Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. It explains the process of requesting a pardon. I've had some clients get pardons and then an expunction. One even had an assault pardoned.

3. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . At this time and in the position of your case, you cannot get an expunction nor nondisclosure. It is VERY difficult to get a pardon, particularly under the current regime. However, you may be able to get a pardone and it because of your age at the time you got into trouble, it sounds like you are likely as anyone to get one.