Skip to main content

Can a felony be dropped from a ses?

Nixa, MO |
Filed under: Felony crime

judge gave me five years probation that i have completed

Attorney Answers 2


I believe you are asking whether your record can be expunged. I would need to know the type of felony and what year your probation ended. Section 610.140, RSMo. provides the ability to expunge approximately three types of felonies. However, it is very unlikely that you will ever get the Suspended Execution of Sentence ("SES") and felony conviction removed from your record with the Missouri Criminal Records Repository or the FBI. Also, do not forget about your arrest record. That would be an independent expungement action pursuant to Section 610.122, RSMo. Another avenue, which is a long shot, is a Governor’s Pardon. You can research it online. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Matthew D. Fry Rosenblum, Schwartz, Rogers & Glass, P.C. (314) 862-4332 Please feel free to contact me with any questions. The legal information provided is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney. In no way does the information establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with Matt. It is extremely hard as you can imagine to get a pardon from the governor or to overturn your guilty plea. Extremely hard. If you have a felony that was something like passing bad checks, you might be able to get that expunged after 20 years, but that is one of only an extremely limited number of charges that can be expunged.

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics