Can a felony be dropped from a ses?

Asked over 1 year ago - Nixa, MO

judge gave me five years probation that i have completed

1. Matthew David Fry

1

Answered . I believe you are asking whether your record can be expunged. I would need to know the type of felony and what year your probation ended. Section 610.140, RSMo. provides the ability to expunge approximately three types of felonies. However, it is very unlikely that you will ever get the Suspended Execution of Sentence ("SES") and felony conviction removed from your record with the Missouri Criminal Records Repository or the FBI. Also, do not forget about your arrest record. That would be an independent expungement action pursuant to Section 610.122, RSMo. Another avenue, which is a long shot, is a Governor’s Pardon. You can research it online. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

2. Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Answered . I agree with Matt. It is extremely hard as you can imagine to get a pardon from the governor or to overturn your guilty plea. Extremely hard. If you have a felony that was something like passing bad checks, you might be able to get that expunged after 20 years, but that is one of only an extremely limited number of charges that can be expunged.