Can a federal bankruptcy discharge sales tax audit balance leins if the owners business fails,along with owner before bal paid

this was a business sales tax audit after three years in business 1998 to 2001. I worked out a deal to pay 1500 a month until paid. after about 15 mo. my business failed and I no longer could pay any bills. the state still wanted there money. after speaking with sales tax collection supervisor, he said that since I had paid over 12 months of payments in good faith before the bus failed it was the now a dischargble debt. he said he would deny he said it but that it would stop the collections. there have been no collection and no release. this is a big problem trying to buy a home.

Boise, ID -

Franklin Moore Mclaughlin IV

Franklin Moore Mclaughlin IV

Tax Lawyer - Providence, RI

Sometimes sales taxes are dischargable and sometimes not. You need to consult a local bankruptcy attorney and present him or her with all the details of the audit. The bankruptcy attorney will easily be able to tell if they are dischargable.

Sponsored Listing

Related Advice