Skip to main content

Can a father's rights be reinstated after he legally signs them over?

Fontana, CA |

My childs father signed paperwork voluntarily terminating his right so that his mother could adopt our twins. I do not agree with the aoption so I am fighting. My question is, if the adoption is denied and the Judge allows me to keep my prental rights, will his rights be reinstated because the adoptions case was dismissed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Sounds like dad signed a consent to the adoption which terminates his rights once the final adoption is approved, but he has not actually had his rights terminated yet. Best to get help from a lawyer, I think you've posted various questions which is fine but I don't believe a case should be litigated over a message bd.

The answers on this discussion board are general in nature and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to questions does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always see a lawyer about your individual situation.



Very true. I am in pro per so I need alot of advice. I am researching laws on my own but it's always good to havo your work double checked. I really appreaciate all the help.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer