Can a father be placed back on child support if a mother had him taken off?

Asked over 3 years ago - Decatur, GA

My husband and I just got married and his son mother is jealous and he pay child support but not court order so we was wondering can she put him back on even though she had him taken off?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . As a general rule, child support can always be modified (increased, decreased, started, or stopped).

  2. Amber Renee Piotrowicz

    Contributor Level 5

    Answered . I am assuming you are referring to a mother opening a case with the Division of Child Support Services and subsequently closing the case. If so, yes, I mother can re-open her case with the Division of Child Support Services after a period of time (determined by administrative law).

    If there is a Child Support Order established in the Superior Court or the State Office of Administrative Hearings, child support arrears may accrue under such order until such time as the children emancipates or the order is set aside. The non-custodial parent (Father in this case), should continue to pay child support pursuant to the Order, regardless of whether the custodial parent requests the State of Georgia (Division of Child Support Services) to enforce her case.

Related Topics

Child support arrears

Child support arrears refers to support payments that are past due. There are several available options for collecting (or repaying) unpaid child support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

18,549 answers this week

2,435 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

18,549 answers this week

2,435 attorneys answering