Can a family member (aunt,grandma) bail you out of the juvenile detention center?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bremerton, WA

At the juvenile detention center in port orchard, washington.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Patrick Owen Earl


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Anyone can post bail for anyone. In this case since it is for a juvenile the parent or legal guardian must be involved for the kid to be bailed out and let out of detention. So if the parent isn't willing to allow the kid out then an aunt or grandmother can't just go and bail the kid out.

  2. Carl A Munson JR

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree. Anyone can post the bail, but the juvenile can only be released to a parent or guardian or to someone they approve of with the court's permission.

  3. Holli Giffin

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with the answers already posted, however, it will also depend on the specific juvenile facility, not all of the juvenile facilities in Washington allow juveniles to post bond to be released.

    Answering questions on AVVO in no way creates an attorney/client relationship and no confidential information has... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,505 answers this week

2,912 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,505 answers this week

2,912 attorneys answering