Can a family member (aunt,grandma) bail you out of the juvenile detention center?

Bremerton, WA |

At the juvenile detention center in port orchard, washington.

Anyone can post bail for anyone. In this case since it is for a juvenile the parent or legal guardian must be involved for the kid to be bailed out and let out of detention. So if the parent isn't willing to allow the kid out then an aunt or grandmother can't just go and bail the kid out.

I agree. Anyone can post the bail, but the juvenile can only be released to a parent or guardian or to someone they approve of with the court's permission.

I agree with the answers already posted, however, it will also depend on the specific juvenile facility, not all of the juvenile facilities in Washington allow juveniles to post bond to be released.

Answering questions on AVVO in no way creates an attorney/client relationship and no confidential information has been shared.

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law