Can a F1 student get deported for threat of assault?

Asked 12 months ago - Dallas, TX

I recently got assault by threat class c misdemeanor citation in texas. Can the US government deport me for this reason. I did not threaten anyone but I had a baseball bat in my hands and was in an argument. The person who called the cops was a us citizen and the police officer gave me citation for threat.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . Show the record of conviction to an experienced immigration attorney.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. John K Lassen

2

Answered . Have an immigration lawyer review conviction

www.Low-Fee-Immigration-Lawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

Pro

2

Answered . Have an immigration lawyer read the language

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . Not under the facts you presented. A "citation" or warning never got any one "deported" until now. It's a little bit more than a bad joke.. But please make sure to control your temper from now one. That "citation" added to something else in the future could create a much bigger headache, and enrich criminal (and immigration) lawyers as a result.. You don't want that.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . You bet. An F-1 non-immigrant visa is as revocable as any other issued visa, provided there are valid grounds for that. From what you described, however, does not rise to the level of the ICE initiating the removal proceedings, yet, if the school revokes your F-1 and some good Samaritan drops a dime to the DHS ICE, they ay pick you up.