Can a ex lawyer that was disbarred from practicing law be allowed to ???

Asked over 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

to be a paralegal and fill out court forms ?

1. J Charles Ferrari

33

1

Answered . I know of no prohibition against this. The paralegal would, of course, have to be supervised by a licensed attorney.

2. Michael Charles Doland

29

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are the lawyer, the specific duties should be described to the State Bar, who will advise you. The details of the services performed, e.g. interviewing clients, will be very important.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

29

1

Answered . Many disbarred attorneys find work as paralegals in California and other states.

4. Stacy Anne Hoehle

26

1

Answered . To add to the other responses here, you may find this interesting...I know of atleast one disbarred attorney in Kentucky who works as a mediator. Some of the judges frequently appoint him in cases, too.