Can a employer keep medical rienbursement money you paid in advance even if you havent worked there in 2yrs

Asked almost 2 years ago - Portland, OR

i was working on a prevailing wage job and my employer took 2500 in advance and now i havent worked there in to years and they say i can only have my money for medical reinbursement

1. David A Schuck

2

Answered . The answer may not be as simple as the question. Where I would start is looking at the contract. Presumably the employer has a written plan that you paid into. If so, there should be a written plan with rules regarding its purpose and uses.

2. J Christopher Minor

Answered . The answer depends entirely on the circumstance under which the employer received the money, and for what. If this was a flex plan, you would not receive a refund, but the details of the payment are not mentioned.