Can A Dr refuse to order vital medication (Arxtria) due to inability to pay an increased fee?

Asked over 1 year ago - Greenville, SC

Health care system changed names twice in a six month period. Went to pick up prescription only to be told there is a medication pick up fee. The office is now refusing medical treatment until past due payment is received. The office has also added this fee to medication pick ups prior to the changing of hands of the companies. Is this legal? This medication is for my mother who suffers from a blood clotting disorder. The Dr gave her a prognosis of 45 days to life without medication what can I do I need help NOW?

1. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . If the medicine is critical to her care, just pay the fee and pick it up. If you want to dispute the fee, do so after you have taken care of your mother.