Can a domestic violence restraining order (civil matter) hurt spouse's conditional green card removal later

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Is it if he violates the r.o. that he might be in trouble with removing his conditional green card status or simply having one without the violation of it is already going to be a problem for him when he tries to remove his conditional green card status. Or..does it only have implication on citizenship...I am confused. So to put it shortly..how will a r.o. against a spouse (without him violating it as in coming close to me ) affect his conditional green card removal and the pursuit of his permanent green card right after. What are the implications of D.V. R.O. on immigration in general. Thank you.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

5

7

Answered . Yes, the issue is whether the actions are a crime of moral turpitude, please work with a local imm and criminal defense attny to protect the process, take care.

2. Anuj Arun Shah

Pro

3

Answered . The consequences of a conviction for domestic violence can be severe. If there is an underlying conviction here that resulted in the restraining order, consult with an experienced immigration attorney to examine possible immigration consequences and possibilities, if any, to avoid these adverse consequences. Best of luck!

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . I will change the TAG. This is an immigration question.