Can a domestic violence restraining order (civil matter) hurt spouse's conditional green card removal later

Is it if he violates the r.o. that he might be in trouble with removing his conditional green card status or simply having one without the violation of it is already going to be a problem for him when he tries to remove his conditional green card status. Or..does it only have implication on citizenship...I am confused. So to put it will a r.o. against a spouse (without him violating it as in coming close to me ) affect his conditional green card removal and the pursuit of his permanent green card right after. What are the implications of D.V. R.O. on immigration in general. Thank you.

Yes, the issue is whether the actions are a crime of moral turpitude, please work with a local imm and criminal defense attny to protect the process, take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

I will change the TAG. This is an immigration question.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

The consequences of a conviction for domestic violence can be severe. If there is an underlying conviction here that resulted in the restraining order, consult with an experienced immigration attorney to examine possible immigration consequences and possibilities, if any, to avoid these adverse consequences. Best of luck!

Recommended articles about Family law