Can a domestic battery (1st) 50235 be dismissed here in vegas or lowered to a different type of offense, i have clean record

Las Vegas, NV |

Never been in trouble before, we got in an argument, my friend had fallen that night and had a scratch, and i was taken in for domestic violence even tho no charges were being made

1. Too early to tell, don't stress. Hire a good Nevada Criminal Defense Attorney.

Disclaimer: The answer provided herein is for general information only. Nothing herein should be considered legal advice or should be understood to create an attorney-client relationship. One should direct specific questions regarding one’s particular situation to an attorney who is knowledgeable in the applicable Nevada law. Opinions reflected herein are solely the opinions of the author, and no other person, entity or organization is responsible for this website’s content.

2. Agreed. This likely depends on the facts of the case and your getting counsel in LV to fight the charges.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

3. Yes. A lot of things can happen, based on the experience of your privately-hired defense attorney. Hire one. There is no single answer that makes a DV case go away.