Can a doctor refer you to himself for treatment be told you have no insurance tell you to come anyway and then provide less care

Excelsior Springs, MO |

My wife recently fell and went to the hospital the first hospital told her that her elbow was fractured after a day of pain i took her to another hospital for a second opinion where we found she had broken two bones in her wrist in addition to the elbow fracture they gave her a partial cast padding and several ace wraps during that visit a orthopedic surgeon told her she needed to make an appointment with his office my wife told him we had no insurance and didn't think we could afford it. The doctor insisted that we bring what we could because she really needed his help. I want to know what i can do because this visit included more x rays that they already had they took her padding slapped a new ace wrap on her and told her because she had no insurance they couldn't help her.what can i do?

No doctor would treat without additional imaging. You could see an attorney, but I do not see how you were injured. First take care of your wifes injury.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.