Can a divorced man make his ex change her last name back to her maiden name?

Asked over 4 years ago - Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been divorced for several years and remarried, yet my miserable ex still call herself Mrs. _________. Can I do anything to make her change it? It is embarrasing!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Scott Kramer

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . In most states the answer is no - there is nothing that can be done. Some states wold permit you to have petitioned at the time of the divorce, but it would seem that almost all states would limit the amendment and re-opening of your prior divorce, absent fraud or some criminality, to a very short period of time, i.e 30 days or so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,938 answers this week

3,420 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,938 answers this week

3,420 attorneys answering