Can a dissmissed case get sealed and if so how can I get my fingerprints mugshots and arrest record destroyed

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

The incident happened in the Bronx the case was dissmissed few hours later after my arrest I have the disposition paper that shows no charges were ever filed but this is not enough for me I need to know that nothing is going to show in a criminal background if I decide to apply for another job

1. Marco Caviglia

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Wait several months and then request your criminal history from the Department of Criminal Justice Services (costs some money) and see if your "rap sheet" has this on it. If it does, with no disposition, demand that it be removed as there is no basis to keep it on there if there are no prints or photos. I assume prints were taken, and if the case was dismissed, the prints and photos are to be destroyed or returned. If it never got that far, i.e. you were "unarrested" then it is unlikely that there is anything at all on your record, but you may wish to follow the procedure to satisfy yourself.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

1

Answered . It seals automatically.

3. Arkady Bukh

Pro

1

1

Answered . If the case was dismissed as you said just a short time after your arrest, it should already be sealed. As suggested above you might want to check your record after a few months just to be sure.

4. John J. Carney

Pro

1

1

Answered . Go to the clerk and ask for a Certificate of Disposition to see if it was dismissed and sealed. Choose "best answer if this helped you.