Can a dismissed petty theft charge through pretrial diversion be expunged?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

i have a dismissed petty theft case in los angeles after going through pre-trial diversion. i did not plea guilty and never went to court. My question is whether such a criminal record can be expunged and if yes is there any benefit from doing it ? Would the court still have records of my case because my lawyer was able to get me into diversion program before the case was filed in court. I am currently on a work visa.

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

2

Answered . No the case has already been dismissed.
    Robert Driessen

2. Alan Graham Keating

Answered . Expungments apply to convictions. You say that you did not plead guilty and that your case was dismissed after you completed a diversion program - you don't have a conviction to expunge. You also note that you are here on a work visa - if your concerns relate to your immigration status because of this case you would be best served by speaking to an immigration attorney.