Can a dismissed order of protection be transfered in Montgomery county maryland?

Asked about 1 year ago - Gaithersburg, MD

My ex girlfriend filed for a protective order. I the respondent and my lawyer went to court to fight the case provided I had evidences pointing that she and her accompany were the aggressors but she never bother to show up. Now a week later the sheriff is looking for me to serve me with another order of protection with the same case number. How is it possible that case that was dismissed be transfered a 4 days later? And do I have an obligation to go get that order from the sheriff ? My lawyer told me not to make the sheriff's job easy.

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

1

Answered . They may have been able to reopen the case for some reason. Without knowing anything about your case it's hard to give a good answer. Avoiding service could have negative consequences. I would talk more with your attorney about how to proceed.