Can a dismissed DUI be vacated or expunged?

Tacoma, WA |

I have a "dismissed DUI" charge that is showing up on employment verification checks. Can this be expunged or vacated? The incident occurred in 2003.

1. No, the laws on criminal vacations in this state pertain only to convictions. There is no way to get a dropped or dismissed charge off the record.

2. Expungements are allowed only by the particular sratutes in your state.Did you check back with your DUI trial Attorney for this service.If not,then olease go to www.ncdd.com for a DUI Attorney near you.

Victor Carmody
    781 Liberty Rd.
    Flowood Mississippi 39232
    www.mississippidui.com
    601-948-4444

3. Yes. Washington allows for the removal of this information. Check out the free guide provided by the Administrative Office of the Courts in Washington. http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/brochure_criminal/CrimPamphlet.pdf. You can get non-conviction data removed from your criminal history maintained by the Washington State Patrol.

4. A DUI cannot be vacated or expunged in Washington. RCW 9.96.060(2)(c) states that a DUI cannot be vacated or expunged. I have attached a link to the Washington statute that explains this.

DUI topics