Can a dismissed DUI be vacated or expunged?

Asked over 4 years ago - Tacoma, WA

I have a "dismissed DUI" charge that is showing up on employment verification checks. Can this be expunged or vacated? The incident occurred in 2003.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Diego J Vargas

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Yes. Washington allows for the removal of this information. Check out the free guide provided by the Administrative Office of the Courts in Washington. You can get non-conviction data removed from your criminal history maintained by the Washington State Patrol.

  2. Jeffrey Alan Lustick


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . No, the laws on criminal vacations in this state pertain only to convictions. There is no way to get a dropped or dismissed charge off the record.

  3. Abraham J. Ritter

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . A DUI cannot be vacated or expunged in Washington. RCW 9.96.060(2)(c) states that a DUI cannot be vacated or expunged. I have attached a link to the Washington statute that explains this.

  4. Victor Wallace Carmody Jr.

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Expungements are allowed only by the particular sratutes in your state.Did you check back with your DUI trial Attorney for this service.If not,then olease go to for a DUI Attorney near you.

    Victor Carmody
    781 Liberty Rd.
    Flowood Mississippi 39232

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,263 answers this week

2,879 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,263 answers this week

2,879 attorneys answering