Can a denied applicant apply for immigration again?

Asked about 1 year ago - Edison, NJ

Green card holder mom apply for daughter . After request for DNA test from USCIS -test shows negative relationship between a mom and daughter, and they did not know what to do. so uscis denied it. Can that daughter come to usa through marriage /job offer/ student visa or can she reapply through her citizen sibling.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Only if the daughter in question was a minor at the time mother petitioned her and USCIS cannot hold her responsible for any misrepresentation.

    In the rare situation where USCIS and/or a US consulate abroad will find the daughter was a "co-misrepresenter", then she can always apply for a waiver.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends who the USCIS considers to have misrepresented. Is the daughter a minor? If yes, she stands a good chance to have a new application considered.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  3. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the daughter was charged with misrepresentation, no. If she was not, she could. However, even if she was not charged with the misrepresentation, USCIS will still be aware of the prior denial and be very skeptical of any marriage, employment or schooling as legitimate. The burden is going to be high. Speak with a lawyer to evaluate further.

  4. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the daughter was a minor at the time that the misrepresentation was discovered she should still be eligible to come to the us on a different visa status.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,080 answers this week

2,859 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,080 answers this week

2,859 attorneys answering