Can a defendent be charged with assult & battery that happen 7 months ago and no wittnesses in the plattiff case,

Roseville, MI |

the plaintiff died dec 4 2012 of a drug over dose..will it be dismissed?? the court date untill jan 10 2013

1. Yes. You can be charged.

However, I assume that you are more concerned with whether you can be convicted, which is a wholly different situation. The reality is that A&B charges are difficult to prove when there are no witnesses. Unless the prosecution has excellent direct evidence, circumstantial evidence can be easily defeated with a good attorney.

Go see someone right away.

2. Yes you can still be charged as I understand it although I'm licensed in California. Hire a good lawyer.

Ms. Johns can be reached at her Woodland Hills and San Diego offices at (866) 402-4038. Her email is hjohns@hjohnsatlaw.com and her office does offer free telephone consultations to Avvo askers. Ms. Johns is a lawyer although she is not your lawyer unless you have consulted with her and signed a fee or letter agreement confirming her representation of you. This Avvo response does not otherwise create a binding attorney client fee agreement. Ms. Johns and her employees are not tax or financial advisors and do not give tax or financial advice of any kind. For such advice, it is recommended that you consult with a tax or financial professional in that field.

3. The answer was yes yesterday and will be yes tomorrow. There will be no magic words. Engage an attorney Nd defend yourself.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

4. Yes you can be charged. get an experienced criminal defense lawyer in your area to assist you.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

5. Yes, you can be charged. I believe that your actual concern is whether you can be convicted. Without a witness or victim, it will be a difficult case for the prosecution to prove, however, it can be done.

It is in your best interest to retain an attorney to represent you. If you cannot afford to retain an attorney, you can ask the court to appoint one for you.

My response does not constitute legal advice and we do not have an attorney/client relationship. You may contact me for more information at 248-563-3652.

6. If you can afford to hire an attorney, it would be best to do so. There are exceptions to the rule of evidence prohibiting hearsay that can be used to prove the case against you even if the complainant is deceased. Furthermore, the prosecutor may claim, accurately or not, that there is other corroborating evidence that can be used against you.

I encourage you to use www.avvo.com to find a 10.0 rated criminal defense lawyer. Most retained criminal defense attorneys will offer you a free telephone consultation. Feel free to consult with an attorney in any part of Michigan as it is not uncommon for criminal defense lawyers to travel throughout the state.

Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
    10.0 Rated Michigan Criminal Defense Attorney
    FREE CONSULTATIONS
    LEWIS & DICKSTEIN, P.L.L.C.
    2000 Town Center, Ste. 2350
    Southfield, MI 48075
    (248) 263-6800
    AV Rated (Preeminent) by Martindale-Hubbell
    Super Lawyer – Thomson Reuters
    10.0 Rated (Superb) – Avvo Lawyer Ratings

7. Yes.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

8. Yes

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Civil rights topics