Can a Defendant that accepts an offer of judgment from a Plaintiff then subsequently seek its own attorneys fees?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

If a Defendant accepts an offer of judgment from a Plaintiff, is there any way that the Defendant can still seek its attorneys fees?

1. Anne Brady

2

1

Answered . No, not from the Plaintiff. If the Defendant accepts the offer of judgment, then the Defendant has to pay the amount agreed to and that is the end of it.

2. Holly R Gieszl

1

1

Answered . No -- unless the offer of judgment for some reason included a provision for payment of the Defendant's attorney's fees. I have NEVER seen such a provision. I have seen disputes about offers of judgment that were unclear as to whether the offer was inclusive of the Plaintiff's attorney fees.