Can a creditor take money out of your checking account without my permisson.

Mc Ewen, TN |

i am 4 months behind on a unsecured line of credit loan of $13,000.00 .can a creditor take money from my checking account without my permission

1. The creditor can get a court order to garnish your checking account. Once gotten, the creditor would serve the order on your bank, which would then remove the funds required by the order from your account.

So I guess the answer is yes, the creditors can take money out of a debtor's checking account without the debtor's permission. The creditor just needs to get the permission of the court to take the funds.

THE INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THIS POSTING IS GENERAL IN NATURE, AND IS NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THIS POSTING DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THIS OFFICE AND ANY READER. FOR LEGAL ADVICE CONCERNING YOUR SITUATION, CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY.

2. They cannot take money from your account without your permission unless they have filed a lawsuit and gotten a judgment against you. In that case they can file a garnishment and serve it on your bank. Your bank would then garnish the money from your account and send it to the creditor