Can a creditor garnish my child support payments that I receive? I'm in michigan

Waterford, MI |

My income currently only consists of my disabled daughters SSI payments, child support income, and a monthly autism subsidy from the state of michigan. I know creditors cannot garnish the ssi payments but can they garnish the child support and subsidy we recieve?

Sorry, I do not know - you would be best served to consult with a local family law attorney or a consumer law attorney.

From your post it appears you may be of limited means, so I suggest you contact the Legal Aid Services organization in you area. For your area it appears that the following is in your area: Lakeshore Legal Aid at 21885 Dunham Road Suite 4, Clinton Twp., MI 48036; Clients: (888) 783-8190

Consumer attorneys may be found via

best of luck to you.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support