Can a cps cps caseworker reopen a closed case?

Asked about 5 years ago - Cameron, TX

i had a closed cps case and they reopened it saying i didnt comply but they never gave me anything to do to get my kids back. just got them back in june of 08 and i need to know if they are allowed to do that because i think it wasnt fair how they removed my kids for a secomd time without giving me a legitimate reason.

1. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . I am not licensed in your state and cannot discuss the facts of your case but I would say in general - yes - CPS can reopen a case. CPS can also remove dependents from a home if they have been reunified on a trial basis. CPS can do a lot of others things too if they feel the children are in danger. But if your children were removed, you are entitled to some due process and a reason, if you are unclear on this you need to consult a Texas attorney regarding the facts of your case.