Can a cps cps caseworker reopen a closed case?

Asked over 5 years ago - Cameron, TX

i had a closed cps case and they reopened it saying i didnt comply but they never gave me anything to do to get my kids back. just got them back in june of 08 and i need to know if they are allowed to do that because i think it wasnt fair how they removed my kids for a secomd time without giving me a legitimate reason.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jonathan H Levy

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I am not licensed in your state and cannot discuss the facts of your case but I would say in general - yes - CPS can reopen a case. CPS can also remove dependents from a home if they have been reunified on a trial basis. CPS can do a lot of others things too if they feel the children are in danger. But if your children were removed, you are entitled to some due process and a reason, if you are unclear on this you need to consult a Texas attorney regarding the facts of your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,935 answers this week

2,922 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,935 answers this week

2,922 attorneys answering