Skip to main content

Can a court deny me paper work because of a fine.

Lakeland, GA |

I am applying for a concealed carry permit in GA and can not get the license, because the court in TN where I have a fine will not release papers to my probate judge here in GA stating that the crime was a misdemeanor. What can I do?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Pay the fine. Is there something else to the story, because from your post the answer is pretty obvious.

  2. Pay the fine is your only way-ahead unfortunately.

    Courts have broad powers, including the power to refuse to provide services where fees are owed.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.