Skip to main content

Can a county find out if someone violated their informal probation in another county? California law.

Riverside, CA |

If someone got busted for a DUI and gets put on informal probation and then gets a misdemeanor in a different county for public intoxication, will any of the courts be able to find out about it?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It is possible for the court in another county to find out about any violation of informal probation on a sliding scale of the type of violation and its visibility. A new crime is especially visible because it is locatable through the state and federal criminal history databases, if searched by any member of law enforcement, e.g. P.O. or police. Whether anyone will find out is another story altogether. You may want to retain counsel, if you find yourself with a violation or being placed in a position of having to state whether you have obtained any new offenses.

    The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

  2. Yes.

    The information and legal suggestions made herein do not in any way create an attorney-client relationship. The responses provided herein discuss general principles of law and should not be relied upon by the asker in making legal decisions. Only an attorney who has met with the asker and fully reviewed the facts and circumstances of the asker's individual case should be relied upon for legal advice. If you find my suggestions helpful, please mark the appropriate box as helpful.

  3. Communication between the counties is not always great, but it is certainly possible. If you have an attorney on the DUI case, I suggest asking them their opinion. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics