Can a county courthouse and children protective services of same county make you get a divorce from your spouse of over 10 years

Asked almost 2 years ago - Coloma, MI

going thru a c.p.s. thing for 2 years and now they the courts and cps tell me to divorce my husband and we will give you your children back? They dont like him because he aint letting them "run him over". I and him have done everything they have asked of us, and now they r tellin me this. Isnt this blackmail? The father is innocent and they havent come after him with any charges of any allegations in 2 years. no one came to question me or him about any allegations and i know they have no proof of anything because i know nothing happened. it aint like like im blind and dont kmow whats going on. my kids will tell anyone nothing happened numerouse times to diffenerent people. our daughter has been molested while in fostercare and beaten up and nothing being done legally by c.p.s. could go on

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . I am sorry that you and your family are going through this. No one can force you to get divorced. You should consult with the local social service agencies and legal aid agencies to make sure that your legal rights are protected and that you protect your family and yourself. You deserve to be happy and live a good life, take care of yourself.

2. Loren M. Dickstein

Pro

2

Answered . You should follow the advice of Mr. Lewis.

3. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

2

Answered . I also agree with Mr. Lewis. I don't practice in your state, but I know in my state, DYFS (or DCPP) often will try and split couples apart if they feel that one of the spouses has been guilty of abuse either in the form of domestic violence against the family, or other forms of abuse. While these agencies cannot compel anyone to divorce, they can often make reunification more difficult if they have concerns about one of the parents. I certainly hope you have consulted a child abuse attorney in your state.