Can a county attorney get my cell phone records without my knowledge? I'm involved in a case in Iowa.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Des Moines, IA

No more details to add. Thank you.

1. Jacob Ryan Lauser

Answered . Prosecutors can obtain all sorts of information without your consent by subpoena directly to the record holder, though it usually isn't done without your knowledge. But considering the difference between knowledge and consent, knowing what they are getting a hold of doesn't really help if they get it anyway, even if you know about it.

Sometimes information can be obtained without your knowledge, but eventually they will have to present it in the case against you. One way of the other you will find out what they have, whether it is at your trial or before.