Can a corporation sue an person for money owed? what type of attorney handles this cases.

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My company rented a trailer to a person for few months he owed me $3,200 he sign a paper with a notary willing to pay the amount in a time frame of 6 months. He assume to pay a certain amount of money each and he said he would deposit the money to my bank account he never did one single deposit what can I do? what type of attorney can help

1. Yefim Rubinov

2

Answered . Yes you may sue in small claims. You need an attorney that handles litigation.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . I doubt a lawyer will take the case as the amount is too small. You will likely have to sue by yourself in small claims court.

3. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

2

Answered . Yes a corporation can sue. You need a collection attorney.

4. Steven Warren Smollens

Answered . Dear can a corporation sue?

Yes. You must initiate the claim in the Commercial Claims section of the Small Claims Court and a commercial claim may be prosecuted without an attorney.

Follow the link for proper information.

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/nyc/smallc...

I hope this is helpful to you.