CAN A CONVICTED FELON SHOOT A SHOTGUN IN TEXAS THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO HIM AFTER THE 5 YEARS ARE UP FROM BEING RELEASED

Asked about 2 years ago - Baytown, TX

MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH FELON POSSESION OF FIREARM AFTER BEING 5 YEARS FROM HIS RELEASE ,CAN HE BE CHARGED WITH THAT . THEY WANT TO GIVE HIM 2 YEARS

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

3

Answered . Possession of a firearm by a felon can be a state crime. That would mean care, custody, control or "management" of a firearm in violation of Texas law.

Federal law is stricter. It prohibits ANY possession of firearms by convicted felons.

I am not going to lay out the details of these laws because their application requires knowing the facts, and I believe your husband really needs to consult with a lawyer about this.