Can a contractor sue me because I want to renegotiate his pay.

A contract was never sign by either parties. I just paid him a percentage of the Gross. I need a contract sign by him, but the original percentage may go down. Or he will be paid the Gross after a 15% has been deducted from the Gross. If an agreement is not made can he sue me. Can I terminate him and not be sued for retaliation.

Cedar Park, TX -

Attorney Answers (1)

David C. Holmes

David C. Holmes

Employment / Labor Attorney - Houston, TX

As long as you don't try to change it retroactively, you should be fine. Unless you have some sort of agreement that precludes you from firing him or changing the terms of your agreement, then both of you are free to walk away from the existing arrangement.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.