Can a connecticut resident receive social security disability at the same time receiving unemployment benefits?

Thomaston, CT |

I recently had a brain injury and am unable to return to work; so I receive social security disability; because I worked over 15 years, I had applied for unemployment benefits and now receive both; is this legal in Connecticut>

1. SSA's official policy is that the receipt of unemployment benefits or even the application for unemployment benefits does not automatically preclude entitlement to Social security disability benefits.There are likely certain limited circumstances where claiming unemployment benefits will not preclude an SSA claim. One must keep in mind the obvious contradiction in telling SSA I am too disabled and cannot work at all and telling Connecticut or any other state I am ready, willing, and able to work but I cannot find a job.