Skip to main content

Can a conditional green card holder travel to bahamas for a cruise?

Las Vegas, NV |

Me and my spouse's family will be traveling for a cruise on june, and i will only be arriving probably in the US on April or May. Can i travel to a bahamas cruise even if I am just one month old conditional green card resident in the US?

Hoping to hear from all of you soon. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank u and God bless.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. As long as the card is current you should not have a problem.

    J Thomas Smith

  2. If your card is current, you should not have a problem. You will be cutting it close with this time frame, however, as it can take around 30 days from entry to get your green card.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

  3. I agree with my colleagues. Just make sure to check visa requirements to the countries you are going to visit during your cruise. As you are not a US citizen, the requirements might be different depending on which country you're a citizen of.

    [This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

  4. Just make sure that you file the I-751 within the 90 day period immediately preceding the 2-year anniversary of the granting of your conditional lawful permanent residence (CLPR). They will extend your CLPR status for one year and will give you permission to work and travel while the petition is pending. DO NOT leave the country without the Form I-797, however, because it will be hell to get back in.

    Call the office if you have additional question, or need assistance with you case.


Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics