Can a company record my calls in Oregon without informing me first? a company in Indiana does so, never informed me

Asked about 1 year ago - Independence, OR

i have talked with these people about my account several times. when i ask for them to put their response in writing the said the record all calls a would not respond in writing. i was never informed i was being recorded....

1. Jay Bodzin

2

Answered . Yes. In Oregon, audio recording of a telephone conversation is legal as long as one of the parties to the conversation knows it's being recorded. (By contrast, audio recording an in-person conversation is legal only if all parties to the conversation know about the recording.)

If the larger problem is, you want a written record of what this company is demanding, then you do have the right to communicate with them in writing. You're never obligated to answer the phone. You can refuse to take their calls and communicate in writing if you like.

Please read the following notice: