Can a company outside the U.S.A. be sued for spam emails?

Shreveport, LA |

I have a personal email account and I keep getting emails from a Canadian Pharmacy. I called the Pharmacy in Canada and made a complaint. I even made a complaint to the FTC. NOW, im getting more of these email everyday.

Aggravating, I know. But unless you are aggravated enough to spend several thousand dollars and a couple of years focused on this, you will likely have to just endure like everyone else does. Make sure that your email account has all appropriate filters; don't open anything from the offending mailer; and don't buy meds on the internet.You could even change your email address if you can live without forwarding.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights