Can a company legally with hold pay you have coming? What if any are our options?

Asked about 1 year ago - Thomasville, NC

My husband is an independent truck driver, he hauls freight for various brokers. In January he transported a load to TX , turned in the paper work. He picked up another load there in TX going to NJ. Both loads are with the same broker, NC based. En route to NJ, he had a wreck in VA, which resulted in a total loss of everything. Our insurance co has settled with us and also paid the full price for the loss of cargo to the company two weeks ago. The broker continues to with hold his pay for both the loads.

1. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

1

Answered . I added Employee Rights to your question.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Kevin Coluccio

1

Answered . If he was an independent truck driver, did he have a written agreement. If so, look at the terms. Also, if he had insurance, turn in a claim outlining all the facts. He may have wage loss coverage. Be sure to set forth accurate facts if you file a claim.