Can a company lay you off and then hire some one else for the same job I didn't miss a day and was considered a good worker with

Asked almost 5 years ago - Tucson, AZ

a offer for a call back that didn't happen

1. Jonathan A Millet

Answered . Arizona is a right to work state. That means, an employer can lay someone off without a specific justification. However, an employer cannot fire or discharge you for an illegal reason, such as race or gender.

Employment law attorneys help clients who have been terminated for an illegal reason.

Legal Disclaimer: I am not your attorney. The only method of establishing an attorney--client relationship with me is by a retainer and fee agreement signed by me, which is not offered via this site. The information given is not legal advice and is for general information only. My answer is limited to the facts presented and may not be complete or applicable to your situation. My answer is given upon the condition that you will contact an attorney licensed in your state to receive legal advice that applies to your particular situation.

2. Herbert J Tan

Answered . I see nothing unlawful about their actions.